About the UK Paint Horse Association
The UK Paint Horse Association (UK PHA) received its Official Charter from The American Paint Horse Association (APHA) in November 2001
Our purpose is to:
- Promote and stimulate interest in the Paint Horse by encouraging Paint breeding for conformation and ability.
- Promote the Paint Horse as a breed.
- Promote the Paint Horse through horse shows, pleasure and trail riding, racing and all other activities of same nature.
- Promote Western & English riding and showmanship skills, working with other recognised associations.
- Promote good horsemanship and good sportsmanship.
- Educate the public about the qualities of the Paint Horse and the American Paint Horse Association.
- Encourage membership at both regional (UK Paint Horse Association) and national (APHA) levels.
If You've Got It - Flaunt It!
Paint Horses have definitely got it. We believe that seeing these fantastic, athletic horses in action is one of the best ways to promote this versatile breed. We have a member's programme in place which encourages and provides recognition for various activities throughout the year through year end awards and articles and results in our journals.
Join the UK Paint Horse Association Family
In addition to our shows and events we keep our members in touch with what is going on in the world of Paint Horses through our bi-annually UK Paint Horse Journal and newsletters. We also keep in touch via social media and email. We also have Regional Representatives who work with their local members and other Societies to help organise local get togethers and events.